We have a great story to tell but we will be much more effective if the lobby and government affairs community are broadly united.
The Professional Advocacy Association of Texas is the state’s only recognized statewide group for the lobby community. PAAT Members are well-respected lobbyists and company/association government affairs representatives who are serious about what they do and are committed to integrity and high ethical standards.
On behalf of its membership, PAAT works with the Texas Ethics Commission and the Texas State Legislature to improve understanding and compliance with the law relating to lobbying in Texas while raising the ethical bar for the lobby profession and for governmental affairs practices overall.
Making sure you stay up-to-speed on what’s still considered above-board advocacy in Texas is critical. With a PAAT Membership, you not only make the strongest possible statement about your ethical values, but you and your company/organization will benefit from everything that PAAT offers, including:
- Participation in legislative and administrative opportunities to enhance the lobby’s effectiveness, and in efforts to educate and defend against punitive regulatory and legislative initiatives;
- Continual monitoring and updates on ethics and PAC-related legislation and regulation, as well as regular reminders about PAC and lobby filing deadlines;
- Issue briefs on emerging topics, and tips on compliance and reporting;
- Ethics Commission practice and filing changes, as well as confidential consultation on ethics-related concerns;
- Exclusive invitations to members-only events and briefings; and
- Inclusion in PAAT’s online member listing.
You can join PAAT for as little as $1,200 a year for contract lobbyists, $1,800 for 501c3 organizations and $2,500 for corporate or association membership. Contact Allison Small for more information.