Mignon McGarry & Associates Administrative/Legislative Assistant-Lobby Firm
We are seeking a competent, good natured administrative/legislative assistant for the fall leading up to the 2019 legislative session and through the end of session. The ideal candidate will be self-directed, detail-oriented, and thoughtful about new, smart ways of doing things. This is a catchall type position that will require aptitude to handle a variety of tasks in a timely, responsible manner in an often-fast paced environment. Double bonus points will be awarded for a good temperament.
• Perform office duties, organize office and assist in ways that promote overall efficiency • Answer and direct phone calls
• Resolve office-related technical and general upkeep issues
• Schedule and plan meetings
• Collect and synthesize data for various client research projects
• Follow legislative committee hearings, track legislation
• Greet clients and interact with them daily
• Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails • Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of office equipment
• Excellent organizational and time management skills • Proficient with MS Office
• Capitol experience is preferred
• Able to multi task
• Telephone and social media skills
This will be a pre-session/session only, contract position. Pay commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants please email a resume and brief writing sample to Mignon McGarry at firstname.lastname@example.org.